Polestar and Meizu Tech Join Forces to Revolutionize EV Experience in China's Thriving Market

Global luxury pure electric high-performance car brand Polestar signed a strategic joint venture with Xinji Meizu Group, a technology company in China, on June 19, 2023. The joint venture will integrate the strengths of both parties in design, product performance, software, and consumer-grade electronic hardware development, jointly promoting Polestar’s development in the Chinese new energy market.

Polestar Global CEO Thomas Ingenlath said that China is one of the fastest-growing electric vehicle markets globally, with a notable trend of deep integration between consumer electronics and automobiles. Through this strategic partnership, Polestar will join forces with Xinji Meizu Group to provide a better experience for Chinese users.

The newly established joint venture will utilize Xinji Meizu Group’s technology platform, Flyme Auto, to provide a seamless smart operating system for Polestar products in the Chinese market, including in-vehicle applications, streaming services, and intelligent car software. The venture will also serve as the exclusive authorized sales and service channel for Polestar in the Chinese market. Polestar will hold 49% of the joint venture’s equity, while the Xinji Meizu Group will hold the remaining 51%.

Shen Ziyu, CEO of Xinji Meizu Group, said that the core competitiveness of the industry in the future will be reflected in providing users with multi-terminal, full-scene, immersive integrated experiences. Both parties will work together to launch better products, bringing a borderless connected lifestyle for users.

In addition, Polestar vehicles in other global regions will continue to collaborate with Google, using a digitized infotainment platform based on native Android automotive systems.

This article is a translation by ChatGPT of a Chinese report from 42HOW. If you have any questions about it, please email bd@42how.com.