On August 22, Horizon released some data and predictions about autonomous driving at the 3rd Global Intelligent Vehicle Frontier Summit:
- The most important factors in the future autonomous driving value chain include:
- The autonomous driving computing platform and software development account for 34%.
- Autonomous driving, vehicle validation, and integration account for 16%.
- Providing travel services account for 10%.
- Providing autonomous driving/vehicle interconnection accounts for 9%.
The cost of autonomous driving will evolve from being 90% hardware to being roughly 50-50 between software and hardware.
Only the implementation of standardized computing platforms can truly support large-scale production of autonomous driving.
Over the past seven years, the demand for computing power in AI has increased by seven orders of magnitude.
In the ADAS perception chip market, China’s position is becoming increasingly important. Horizon predicts that the global market size of the ADAS computing platform will reach $5 billion by 2025, with the Chinese market expected to reach $1.8 billion, accounting for 36% of the global market.
This article is a translation by ChatGPT of a Chinese report from 42HOW. If you have any questions about it, please email email@example.com.